Jerome School District would like to recognize the outstanding work done by teachers or other certified staff in our district. The district will work with Jiffy Lube/Burton Group to provide this recognition. The Jerome School District Superintendent will work with a committee made up of representatives from each building to select 1 elementary teacher and 1 secondary teacher, for a total of 2 teachers per month, to receive the award. The Jerome School District will provide a plaque with the teacher’s name along with a $50 Gift Card provided by Jiffy Lube/Burton Group.
Guidelines for Selection:
- The Award will be known as the Excellence in Teaching Award
- The recipient must be a current employee of the Jerome School District.
- The recipient must hold a valid Idaho teacher or pupil personnel certificate.
- Administrators are not eligible for this recognition.
- A student, parent, administrator, or fellow teacher may nominate the individual using the form provided.
- The recognition is for those who go above and beyond in making difference in the life of an individual student or lives of a group of students
- The nomination forms will have names redacted when presented to the committee
- The committee will select the recipients by majority vote
- All nominations that are not selected will be reviewed each month along with new nominations for consideration
- The nomination form may be adjusted for future use based on the recommendation of the selection committee. The form is to be kept simple and not burdensome to complete, but provide the committee with enough information to assist with the selection.